Care360 EHR is a web-based solution that provides physicians with online laboratory test ordering, ePrescribing, clinical messaging and clinical documentation
MedPlus, the Healthcare IT subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics
MedPlus became a wholly owned subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics in 2001. MedPlus has focused on developing and supporting clinical and administrative IT applications since its inception in 1991, providing solutions that serve physician practices, hospitals, integrated delivery networks (IDN), regional/community health information networks (RHIO) and health information exchanges (HIE). Click here for the history of MedPlus and how MedPlus became the innovative driver in health care to the cloud.
I have been following Quest’s Care360 for about 4 years now and am pleasantly surprised how far it has come. The user experience is far superior than many of it’s large company competitors and mobile capability (on the clinician side) very impressive. Here are some screenshots of the provider mobile experience. The mobile app has 4.5 stars nearly the top of the charts with (at this time) over 500 votes. This is impressive.
Here are some examples of the mobile experience:
I typically do not start my writing focusing on mobile but in this rare case, having a nice mobile application that corresponds with a SaaS user experience that is solid prompted my re-ordering. The main UX is not “web 2.0” ‘ish but many would rather it not be that way but focus on clean layout and simple navigation (see screen below).
You will see it has many of the required features (which are now becoming a standard because of MU) but pay special note to both the mobile and desktop image above. Specifically pay attention to the “Secure Messaging” tabs. Yes, this allows the provider to get their secure message from mobile and desktop. This is a huge plus (and a no-brainer for any major EMR).
As I explore this more, I will add additional insights but until then here is a list of declared features:
- Order and receive laboratory diagnostic tests electronically
- Write prescriptions and manage medications electronically
- Send and receive clinical messages (including to referring Physicians)
- Send clinical information to a patient’s personal health record (PHR)
- Document a full patient encounter (SOAP Notes, vitals, progress notes)
- Scan/Import and manage paper documents
- electronically Access information via iPhone® (labs and meds)
- Receive radiology results electronically Generate enhanced reports and informatics
- Share a patient’s health information across the community
- Electronic lab management
- Clinical messaging
- Clinical documentation tools
- Document management
- Multi-system interoperability
- A nationwide network of more than 200,000 physicians in 80,000 physician offices
SaaS (software as a service)
Rough Pricing (per provider)
Estimated one-time $8,000
Estimated Annual $13,000
HIPAA secure hosting enviroment
Care360 EHR is a certified ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 Complete EHR
Although still more to explore on my part, so far this EMR is shaping up to be a huge winner and one that has the backing of Quest to go with it. My only concern is how it interfaces with other labs and in-house labs since it is owned by a competitive solution (Quest).
Post your CARE360 review here:
Looking For A Price Quote On Care360?